Thursday, June 19, 2008

ascent continues -5


Day9 - self-abasement. My times with the Lord are getting longer and longer. I don’t want to leave His absolute peace when I am on my face, in a fully surrendered posture and a growing, transforming, surrendered heart. I asked God to help me have fresh eyes and spirit toward my work. I have become somewhat disillusioned with the ministry to patients in the mental health arena. I see change but I also see regression at a regular rate. Why don’t I see healing and deliverance that reflects God’s healing presence. Have I become pessimistic toward Your hand at work? The Lord answered me with 2 Scriptures: “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding…” Prov. 3:5 and “…He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion…” Philippians 1:6. I allowed those verses to wash over my heart and renew my faith in God’s work and His assignment for me. Do I trust that as I minster that God is at work in hearts and will bring that heart to completion? It’s not my job to see God’s work but to continue to be obedient to minister where He plants me.

God has been so gracious to bless me with visions as I lay before Him. Today I saw steel clamping down onto my hands. What at first felt a bit restricting turned out to be protective armor upon my hands. Of course the Ephesians 6 “full armor of God” came to mind. What do my hands represent and why must they have armor? In that moment my hands seemed to represent “hands of praise”.

It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High…Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name…Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits…Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever…Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands….

…and this one I’ll memorize…Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the LORD.” Ps. 134:2

As I type this I realize those are the same hands that minister to the blessed souls that God puts in my path. Guard your hands for the work of the Lord!

Transition to the Bible study…the study continued with Psalm 123. Keep your eyes on the Lord because if they’re not, they’re on your flesh or your circumstances. Neither of the latter gazes leads to peace, trust, praise or godliness. I was given a glimpse of a cycle of praise. As our eyes are focused on the Lord we hear, listen to His voice, His Word, His wisdom which, when obeyed, lead to Christlikeness and PRAISE! As our eyes are focused on the Lord we feel His love, joy, peace and we can dispense the same to this world and this all again leads to PRAISE! As our eyes are focused on the Lord we experience His will, plans, purposes with Romans 8:28 eyes which grows our trust and faith and leads to PRAISE! This cycle is quickly broken when our eyes are on ourselves, our flesh, our circumstances. No praise released in that downward spiral. Lord, thank you for moving me to this place of face down surrender in Your presence as I press into fresh eyes fixed upon You!

No comments: