Thursday, June 19, 2008

ascent continues -2

Day4 - self-abasement. I layed down once again and grabbed hold of the Lord’s feet. This morning I had a vision of rats coming and biting at my hands. In Jesus’ name I asked for the protection of God (as He was just described yesterday in Psalm 121-was He testing to see if I was learning anything:) The rats disappeared…praise God. I had a glorious time of praise and prayer and the word I received from God today was “perfume”…the fragrance of Christ. This is not just a journey with a destination but WHO we are along the way. I am reminded to be the fragrance of Christ to those around me…love them, serve them and connect them with His presence and truth. The subsequent study time centered on Psalm 122. The pilgrimage lands the traveler in Jerusalem…the City of Peace…”the house of the Lord… our feet are standing within your gates…peace be within your walls… peace be with you.” This Psalm reminded me that we are the Lord’s temple and the peace is within us, within our walls, within our hearts. I have the peace of the Lord within me - praise God! My feet have arrived upon the fertile soil of the Lord’s house of peace. That peace is also the fragrance of Christ. Lord, send me forth on this pilgrimage as a fragrant servant and dispenser of peace. Let the peace of God dwell richly in my heart so that I may spread that peace to others. Protect and guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

Well I’m done with week 1 of the Beth Moore study…I’m supposed to wait til next week to continue…I can’t wait! I’ll continue my self-abasements until then.

No comments: