Thursday, June 19, 2008

ascent continues -3

Saturday night worship service…During Communion time as I grasped a hold of the Lord’s feet, I saw Him crouch down to be with me at my level. He tenderly put His hand around the back of my head as I experienced the love of His touch.

Day6 - self-abasement. God said He loves me both before and after my experience. I praised God for the past and started crying, just spontaneously…when finished, I praised God for the present and again, crying…when finished I praised God for the future and again, crying. There is sadness in the way of fully praising God…surrender the sadness. Tears are now shed upon my towel. Perhaps the tears were watering the seeds just sowed in the fertile soil (day 3). I came upstairs and feel extremely tired and worn out vs. the usual joy and peace. Hmm, something happened.

Day7 - self-abasement. As usual I started my time with God praising Him in His magnificence. I remind myself, You are God and I am not. I grasped hold of His feet and felt His hand around the back of my head as He had on Saturday night. I meditated through the past week’s inspirations and thanked God for His presence and revelation. Today was all about peace and fully surrendering to the quiet and silence before the Lord. I wondered if this was the state that Jesus often retreated to in His quiet times of prayer. Peace in the midst of Emmanuel…God with us! Just before arising I heard the Lord say, I have one more thing to tell you…you have a purpose overseas in Cambodia.” WHAT? You’ve got to be kidding me! At that moment I thought, OK, that couldn’t be God…I’ll need oodles of confirmation for that. How quickly my trust in hearing from Him shuts down. I arose and began the 2nd week of the Beth Moore study. This was part 2 of Psalm 122…the City of Peace. I was reminded of the phrase “bloom where you’re planted”. Whether we are in a place of distress or safe in our homes and churches…we need to pray for that place, that assignment, and ask the Lord for His blessings. Lord do you have a new assignment for me? Will I be replanted? I’ll pray! I’ll patiently take the pilgrimage up these steps of ascent and delight in whatever You bring!

No comments: