Sunday, August 2, 2009

Moon over our hearts

I can't wait to see what this new day unfolds...

I love walking through my days now with my camera in the holster ready to draw and shoot at a moment's notice. On day 2 of "Everyday Delights" I realized not all delights can be photographs and at the same time...not all days present delights. Some situations need to be processed through God's truth before they can delight.
My Sunday evening small group met this evening and there were some very difficult and deep life experiences discussed. What is the opposite of delight? Horror! How could I possible leave this group with a photo of delight? At the end of group we prayed which reassures us that God is in the midst, listening and beginning a new good work in our lives. I asked for the fullness of God's light to shine in our hearts and minds and to allow that light to disperse the darkness and lies. As I got up from my seat and turned around I saw the full moon shining down upon us. Thank You Jesus for the fullness of Your presence, Truth and light! Delight!

"The people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned." Matthew 4:16
"The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world." John 1:9
"I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness." John 12:46
"For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2Corinthians 4:6
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."1Peter 2:9
"...that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:19\

Precious Peeps...With some friends it doesn't matter how much time passes - they are in your heart, you love them and you pick up where you left off!


1 comment:

Ellen aka Ellie said...

I almost always have my camera with me since starting my blog (at your suggestion) one year ago today.

Even though it's just a point and shoot, I've "captured" a lot, and shared my pics with family, friends, students, administration(!), facebook, strangers...great fun!

But in your usually artful way, your pics have surpassed mine in artistry. Loving this with you!