Friday, July 18, 2008

ascent - continues 9

In the middle of the amazing pilgrimage God has blessed me with, I was even more blessed with an exciting week's vacation in San Diego. I continued my study but didn't bring my electronic connections to the world so no blogs for awhile. I have quite a bit to update so let me see how I can document this simply.

Oppression (Psalm 129)- The topic of oppression screamed out over a few days...not external oppression but the kind that is generated from within. I saw the depths of my own self-idolatry, self-pity, self-shame. I half-laughed as I browsed through a San Diego magazine where 80% of the printing was geared toward plastic surgery, liposuction, skin rejuvination, etc. As I read through the ads I began wondering what I should do first? Liposuction probably...just start sculpting away. When will I ever be free from the urge to upgrade my body, my looks? It has indeed been a life long place of oppression. In Beth Moore's study she wrote of birds...God made birds to be free...I have been made to be free. I need to mend these broken wings that have constricted my ability to be free. Do I want to pose for the world or for God? Here lies the healing from this oppression, 1Corinthians 3:18 "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." I need to pose for the Lord, letting His light shine through me. Who needs lipo when I can be transformed into His likeness. Why would anyone even want to look to the physical body when they can see the reflection of the Lord on the face...through the eyes.

In these same reflections, I was reminded of a very disturbing dream I had years ago. I was plunged deep into a hole in a wall. It felt like death and eternal separation from God. I could still remember the fear I felt as I realized I would be imprisoned and alone for eternity. But this day, God gave me a vision of release from the hole...from the oppression. I felt freedom!

The Robe - As I continued my work of laying before the Lord, I had a vision of my hands at His feet. He told me to grab His robe. I immediately thought of the woman who grabbed hold of Jesus' robe and she was healed. To her, Jesus said, "your faith has healed you." As I grabbed hold of God's robe in my vision I realized there was no robe in the front where I reached. Hmmm..."Now faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see". Perhaps I am to prepare for an encounter requiring deep faith. I looked up the priest's garments to see if there was any correlation with my vision. (I just reread that sentence and it sounds crude:) I went to my Bible and found Scripture related to the priestly garments (much better) Ah...Exodus 28:31-32 "Make the robe of the ephod entirely of blue cloth, with an opening for the head in its center." I wonder if this opening continued down the front as my vision revealed? Not only was my heart blessed by the message of 'faith without sight' but it was also a very intimate moment with God.

The Hand - this reflection with God made me tremble with joy. As I was on the floor laying humbly and praisefully before God He reached out His hand to me and asked me to stand up. I stood and He put His palms out for me to touch...ten fingers and palms placed against my ten fingers and palms. At that moment our hearts visually became one. He moved His hand and placed it upon my head and said "From my hand to your hands...I will pour My healing power." (I've always asked God for His power and anointing to heal so I wanted this to mean that God would be granting this anointing...only time will tell.) I wiped some of my own tears from my face and then held out my palms to God. Two huge tears fell from Him and landed in my hands. "I am saddened and grieved by the sufferings of this world." I poured the tears around me in a complete circle and the compassionate feelings of the Lord encircled me and grew up into me. I am to see/feel the sufferings of the world with the same heart of God. In regard to healing God said, "He will tell me when healings are being done." He will be present as I minister healing...from His right hand to my hands and an assurance from His voice. Thank You Lord...I receive that. I laid down again and praised and thanked God. Praise you Father, praise You!!!

No comments: